Thanks to modern day lifestyle, spinal discomfort- or as we call it back pain- has become as much of a problem with the younger generation as with the old. Long working hours, unhealthy eating habits and add to this bad posture are all to be blamed for this problem. So what do we do? While in most cases, medication and physical therapy provide you with necessary relief, some cases demand spine surgery given the severity of the problem.
Spine surgery in India
As with any other surgical procedure, the call for surgical treatment is always taken after thorough examination of patient’s condition and his/her present health state.Different kinds of spine surgeries that the spine doctors recommend include:
1. Foraminotomy that involvesremoval of tissues that compress the nerves in the spinal column. Thisprocedure is often accompanied by spinal fusion to restore the stability of thespine.
2. Laminectomy- This surgery is recommendedfor spondylolisthesis and stenosis, and involves removal of the parts of thebone to discharge the pressure on the spinal nerves.
3. Spinal disc replacement- One of the latest spine treatment in India involving replacement of the damaged spinal disk with an artificial one between the vertebrae.
4. Spine fusion- This surgical procedure involves joining two vertebrae together to increase the spine stability.
5. Discectomy- Discectomy is done to treat the herniated disc in the vertebrae
6. Laminotomy: In this procedure of spine surgery, doctors remove apart of the vertebral arch that covers the spinal cord. This surgery removes less bone than a laminectomy.
While spine surgeries are quite complex, their results are rather satisfactory, helping patients get back to a normal active life as early as possible after surgery.It not only gives you relief from chronic, debilitating pain that had marred your life for several years, but also gives you freedom to do things that you love but couldn’t do because of spine issues.
With best-in-class medical facilities complemented by state of the art technology,Indian hospitals are considered amongst the best for spinal treatments. The best hospitals for spine surgery in India give patients personalized treatment with cutting-edge research to provide you with unparalleled medical care that gives you long-lasting relief from spinal problems. These hospitals are distinguished not just in terms of their amenities but also because they have some of the finest doctors for spine surgery.
India is a popular medical hub not just for the Asian and African nationals but also for western countries like the US and the UK given the affordability of the surgical procedures. While the cost of surgery varies as per the severity of the problem and the type of surgery recommended,it still comes out to be fraction of what it’ll cost you in countries like the US or other European nations.
While looking for spine surgery treatment, it’s important that you choose the right doctor and hospital. Once you have be en diagnosed with a severe spine problem that demands a surgery, always go for a second opinion. You could then consult an organization like MedMonks that will help you find a range of good doctors so that you can choose one as per your convenience and budget. A company like this helps you to concentrate only on your medical journey letting them handle all the other hassles.